Club Permits

Under the Gambling Act 2005, a members club, miners welfare club and commercial can apply for the following permits which allow gaming machines and some forms of gambling.

Club machine permit

This permit entitles clubs to offer up to three category B4 gaming machines. It does not permit any other type of gaming. It is the equivalent to a part III registration under the Gaming Act 1968.

Club gaming permit

This permit entitles clubs to offer up to three category B4 gaming machines, plus facilities for equal chance gaming (subject to certain limits which are prescribed by regulations.) It is the equivalent to a part II registration under the 1968 Gaming Act.

The system is complicated as it allows the different types of clubs different permissions to provide gaming machines and gambling. We have written a guidance document (PDF 98KB) which explains who can do what.

You can also read through the legal process on the Gambling Commission website which lists all the regulations related to gambling.

Pay your annual fee online (External link) ​​​



Apply for a club gaming permitApply for a club gaming permit<div class="ExternalClassE02EAD533E494323A1FDECF51C43CB2E"><p>​​If you would like to apply for a new club machine permit you will need to complete the <strong><a href="/docs/Club%20Gaming%20and%20Club%20Machine%20Form.doc">application form (Word doc 77KB)</a></strong>. We have <strong><a href="/docs/GN-7%20Club%20Gaming%20Machine%20Permits%20guidance.pdf">some guidance (PDF 47KB)</a></strong> on how to fill in the application which also explains who to send your application to and <strong><a href="/docs/GN-4%20Fees%20from%20June%202016.pdf">some guidance (PDF 55KB)</a></strong> on how much it will cost.</p> <p>If you would like to send us completed applications forms by email to <strong><a href=""></a></strong> and we can take your payment over the phone on <strong>0113 378 5029</strong>. You can also post us your application and pay by cheque.</p> ​​​<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span></div>
Consumer ProtectionConsumer Protection<div class="ExternalClassD442E4EBF1C443F8B725DB31763DE579">​​<p>Should you have cause for complaint in relation to a club premises, we would always recommend that you write to the business first. If that does not work please contact us and providing it is a matter covered by the legislation, we can investigate the complaint for you.​<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span></p></div>
Use of Personal DataUse of Personal Data<div class="ExternalClass50214628884C4975874EFB886C7BC423"><p>​​We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer and to this end may use the information you have provided in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.​<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span></p></div>



Club Gaming and Club Machine Form Gaming and Club Machine Form.doc78848doc
GN-4 Fees from June 2016 Fees from June 2016.pdf108803pdf
GN-7 Club Gaming Machine Permits guidance Club Gaming Machine Permits guidance.pdf99972pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?