Our Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) process is a quick, easy and secure means of obtaining a DBS check which allows employers to access the criminal record history of people working, or seeking to work in certain positions, especially those that involve working with children or vulnerable adults
We offer employers an online, e-Bulk DBS service and are confident that this provides employers with one of the fastest and simplest criminal record checking services available. Over 80% of enhanced DBS checks are returned within 5 days.*
*The turnaround time for DBS checks can take longer if you have a common name, have changed your name, have multiple addresses or if you have prior convictions.
The benefits of using our online service
- Fully electronic application process
- Application tracking
- Disclosure results sent electronically providing end to end audit trail
- Dedicated DBS support team
Do my employees need a DBS check?
A DBS disclosure can help determine the suitability of an applicant to work in a post that involves working with children or vulnerable adults.
Before you consider asking a person to apply for a DBS check, you are legally responsible for making sure the job requires a DBS check. Use the GOV.UK eligibility tool to find out.
The types of check available
- Complete criminal history checks, containing all conviction information, spent and unspent and any other non-conviction information considered to be relevant by the police or other Government bodies.
This type of DBS checking is available for positions involving working with children and vulnerable adults.
Enhanced with a DBS barred list check
- Child barred list information is only required for those individuals engaged in regulated activity with children and a small number of posts as listed in the Police Act regulations
- Adult barred list is only required for those individuals engaged in regulated activity with adults and a small number of posts as listed in the Police Act regulations
Child and adult barred list is only required for those individuals engaged in regulated activity with both vulnerable groups.
- Childrens barred list check- an individual can be checked against the childrens barred list while waiting for the full criminal record check to be completed
- Variety of custom reports available so you can keep track of the checks done within your organisation
- External validation checks
- Paper application process for Route 3 (Finger printing process)
- Disclosure Scotland checks
- Experienced administration team to help assist you with your DBS checks
Using our services
If you would like to use our services you must be registered with us before you can proceed. Please contact our DBS team for an application form using the contact details below.
Please note that we are unable to process DBS applications for self-employed people.
0113 378 5244
(Mon to Fri, 9am and 4pm)