Find out whether your product, name or logo is as new as you think it is
If you are considering applying for a patent or trade mark it is essential that you do some initial searching first - just because a product or mark is not on the market does not necessarily mean it is new. Time spent searching can save you a lot of time and money further along the line.
It is also important to try to ensure that you do not infringe the intellectual property rights of others. Checking existing patents and trade marks can also be an effective way of monitoring your competitors.
Leeds Business & IP Centre can help you to determine whether your product or mark is new. Advantages of using our search service includes:-
- We have many years experience of using both free and commercial patent and trade mark databases.
- We can help you get the best out of the free resources which are available.
- We can access commercial databases on your behalf to help you to determine whether your proposed invention or trade mark is new.
- We can help you to find out what patents or trade marks are held by particular companies or individuals.
- We can help you to determine the current status of a patent or trade mark.
- We can help you to find out which countries are covered by a particular patent.
- Our Current Awareness service helps you to keep an eye on new developments and competitor activity in a particular area through regular monthly updates of newly published patents. See the link on the right to "Patents as a source of information."
For further information on how we can help with your specific requirements please contact us.