The west side of Assisted Living Leeds remains undeveloped and provides around 1000 square metres of floor space over two floors. This gives us a unique opportunity to host additional facilities within that would further improve the services on offer in the building.
Consultation has been carried out with service users, carers, third sector and potential private sector partners to develop options for the best use of the space in phase 2. This includes:
- Assistive Technology Smart House - House built within phase 2 space offering customers demonstration of available AT products from a range of AT suppliers within the context of a real home
- Assistive Technology Retail Unit - Retail showroom with web sales offering customers a wide range of AT from basic equipment to more complex products
- Assistive Technology Smart / Innovation Lab - Facility offering suppliers with the opportunity to connect with end users on a regular basis in a dedicated space for products in development that, for example, can be used for product demonstrations and promotions, product feedback [via focus groups, surveys etc], and supplier 1 to 1s. Offers opportunity for service users to influence product design and development
- Coffee shop / café plus one of the following:
- Showcase/advertising/exhibition opportunities
- Dementia awareness space
- Fabrication lab (place to build AT prototypes)
- Potential training, conference, room hire facilities
Planning for phase 2 is in the very early stages. The first step will be to develop a business case to demonstrate how phase 2 would operate and options for funding. Keep checking this page for further news!