Serious debt problems and debt advice

If you're having problems paying your Council Tax, housing benefits overpayments and rent, please call 0113 222 4404 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).

There are several organisations you can speak to if you’re having problems with debt:

Citizens Advice provides free, independent and confidential advice on debt and money problems

Debt Advice Foundation offer free, confidential support and advice about debt

The Money Advice Service is a free and impartial money advice service, set up by the government

The Money Information Centre provides details of the various organisations and agencies in Leeds that offer free help and advice on money, debt, budgeting, reducing bills and affordable loans

National Debtline provides free, impartial and confidential debt advice to people across the UK

StepChange offer advice and practical solutions to help people with debt and money problems




Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?