Library Enquiries 0113 378 5005,
|Monday||9am to 7pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 7pm|
|Wednesday||9am to 7pm|
|Thursday||9am to 6pm|
|Friday||9am to 5pm|
|Saturday||10am to 5pm|
|Sunday||11am to 3pm|
Please note the library is closed on
The Central library includes
to assist with enquiries and research
Services and facilities in the Central Library
- Free book lending service for adults and children - fiction, non-fiction, large print, storytapes for children, talking books, world and other language books
Free computer access for adults and children with Microsoft office, you will need to be a member of the library to access the computer.
- Assistive technology
- Community information
- Council papers and planning applications (online
- Employment and training advice
- Events and activities for adult and children
- Free internet access (including WiFi)
- Intellectual property
- Learning sessions
- Leeds Tapestry - 16 panels of extraordinary work of art about the history of the city.
- Newspapers and journals - details in documents.
- Online resources
- Printing - black and white, colour
- Readers' group and writers' group
- Request service
renew a library book online or by calling the 24/7 automated telephone renewals line on 0845 1207271.
Please have your library card or the barcode number of each item to hand.
Joining the library
What's on in libraries
Access: There is on street parking only, and access is dependent on where the vehicle is parked. The surface is mainly concrete and paving slabs with curbs in various conditions. There is the possibility of crossing busy roads via pelican crossings. There are several access points
- Victoria Gardens basement level access via either eight steps or ramp. There is also level access via the Galley Shop/Brew Bar. Lift access to all floors.
- Access via Art Gallery up a number of stairs or ramp through automatic doors. These are automatic doors to the Art Gallery; Access to the library is through the
Tiled Hall Café. Access to other areas via lift.
- Calverley street entrance up a number of stairs and through a heavy double door. Access to other floors via lift.
Accessible toilets are located in the basement area or in the Art Gallery and there is a Changing Places facility in the Gallery Shop.
The building has four floors, ground level to third. All public library areas have low level counters and portable Induction loop is available if required. Large keyboards, mouse, trackball, screen magnifier, Global Writer and Boardmaker are also available.