Our aim is to ensure that our tenants and residents are at the heart of the decisions we make. We will provide you with a wide and inclusive range of opportunities to have your say and to influence housing priorities, policies and services. We will provide information and training, or other support, to hep you to get involved.
We will use the information you provide to us, from surveys and other involvement methods, to drive our service improvements. We will ensure that your recommendations for change are considered and that you are told the outcome of your suggestions. Below are just some of the current involvement opportunities.
High level of time, commitment and impact:
- Tenant Director on the Board - makes strategic level decisions
- Tenants Scrutiny Executive - challenge and scrutinise services
- Area Panel - decide on funding for local projects
High/medium level of time, commitment and impact:
- Tenants and Residents Association - To represent and improve local area
- Area Representative - To represent a small community
- Tenant Inspector or Mystery Shopper - ‘Hands-on’ monitoring of services
Medium/low level of time, commitment and medium/high impact:
- Customer Sounding Boards - Meetings to monitor and improve services
- Rainbow Roofs - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans group
- Womens Group - A group to discuss shared concerns and increase confidence
Low level of time, commitment and medium/high impact:
- Home Consultation Panel - Complete surveys from home
- Attending the Leaseholder Forum - Discuss services for leaseholders
- Diverse Forums - Forums for speakers of various languages to discuss issues and concerns.