Our commitment to equality and diversity
West North West homes Leeds (WNWhL) provides a service to a wide range of people including some of the most disadvantaged sections of the community.
Our aim is to be responsive to the needs of all our communities and the individuals we serve.
Excellent services and vibrant communities where everyone’s quality of life is improved will be further enhanced, by WNWhL being an organisation where differences between individuals and communities are valued and everyone is treated with respect.
Equality and diversity are integral to all of our activities in every aspect of the work that we do.
Working with our customers we have developed five equality objectives, each of which is underpinned by an action plan. You can find out more about these objectives and how they will be fulfilled by reading the documents in our download tab at the bottom of the page.
As a service provider we will:
- Promote equality of opportunity and eliminate discrimination in the planning and delivering of our services in terms of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, health and income status.
- Promote good relations between communities and address negative stereotyping of any groups.
As an employer we will:
- Develop review and promote policies and practices that ensure equality of opportunity and eliminate discrimination for our workforce in all areas of employment.
- Ensure that the workforce reflects the diverse nature of the communities we serve.
- The promotion and awareness of equality and diversity issues will allow us to improve access to our services which should, in turn, increase levels of customer satisfaction.
WNWhLs' Social Inclusion Strategy has been drawn up with the involvement of board members customers, staff and community organisations within the areas that we serve.