There are no related documents available for the current page. If you are looking for specific document, please try the Leeds City Council global search from the top of the page.
Related frequently asked questions
When installing wet floor showers your wash hand basin and the toilet may be temporarily removed, but the toilet will be available at all times for you to safely use.
The work will include:
- asbestos removal if necessary prior to any work starting
- dispose of bath
- install shower tray into the floor
- electrician will install new wiring where necessary
- plaster and tile where necessary. Please note, if you have a fully tiled bathroom this will not be replaced on a like for like basis.
- screened the floor (this will mean the toilet being removed for a short period of time.
- lay non-slip vinyl covering
- decorate the woodwork and the ceiling
On average the work will take ten working days to complete. Please note that this is an average time, and each property may be different.
Please note that this information is for guidance only and may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances or operational needs. You will be kept informed throughout any work carried out in your property.
During the course of the work you might not be able to use the entrance where the ramp is being built. In this case you may need to use an alternative entrance or re-arrange hospital appointments and outings. We will discuss this with you before the work starts.
The work will include:
- Prepare the area where the ramp is to be situated
- Lay concrete or tarmac to ramp
- Fit handrails to ramp
Construction times will differ depending on the size of the ramp required however we will keep you fully informed both before and during all works. Please not that there may be more work in addition to the above list, this will depend on the type of property you live in.
When we install a stair lift the work will include:
- Fitting a metal track to your stairs to carry the seat
- Fitting a fire door and casing to your bedroom
- Fitting hard wired smoke detectors to the top and bottom of the stairs as well as the main bedroom
- Fitting an escape window to the main bedroom (this may only require the fitting of new hinges to an existing window
- In some cases we may have to change your front door to an outward opening door
- Where a new door and frame are fitted we may need to create a level platform or ramped access to your property
There is little disturbance in the fitting of your stairlift, normally this will only take a day to complete.
Where additional works are required (fire door or outward opening door etc) this work will be completed prior to the stair lift being installed and you will be kept fully informed of dates and timescales.
If in the future you request the removal and refitting of the stairlift as you are replacing your stair carpets, decorating or moving furniture you will be recharged for the cost of this work.