If you’re looking for a children’s party that is going to keep the kids entertained and you stress free then look no further! All council leisure centres offer a wide variety of parties suitable for a range of ages and abilities. Below is a list of the type of parties which are available, although please note that not all types of parties are available at every leisure centre. Parties can be tailored to meet your individual needs as much as possible though discussion with our leisure centre staff. Please see the PDF document which can be found from the downloads at the bottom of this page which outlines the types of parties at each individual centre and prices.
All the parties shown below come with a party organiser as well as lifeguards for pool parties.
Types of parties
Pool based parties
- Mini-water polo – similar to the water polo party but tailored for younger children. For children aged 5-8years. Maximum party numbers: 25.
- Water polo – children will take part in a water polo match, a fun team handball game in the water. Children must be able to swim 25m. For children aged 8years+. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Large pool inflatable – the pool will be filled with the space adventure obstacle course to keep the children entertained along to party music. Children must be able to swim at least 25m to use the inflatable. For children from 5years+ (age ranges are site specific so please check the attached PDF on the right of this page for details. Maximum party numbers: 25.
- Small pool party – the small pool will be filled with a range of floats and fun water toys for the children to play with. For children aged 3 months to 8 years. Maximum party numbers: 20. There must be one adult to every two children under 8-year-olds.
- Water Walkerz – climb inside the giant plastic hamster ball and rush across the pool water. For children aged 8 years+. Maximum party numbers: 12.
- Life size inflatable football party - work as a team to score in this life size version of table football. 6 per team, suitable for 8 years plus.
- Terminator challenge – organised fun team games in the Terminator inflatable. For children aged 8-12years. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Tiny tots – an ideal party for young children where they can play with a range of fun soft shapes. For children aged 3-4years. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Play gym – children can have fun in the ball pool and play on the monkey maze bars. For children aged 4-8years. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Bouncy castle and soft play - children can enjoy a range of soft play toys and a bouncy castle to background music. For children aged 3–6 years. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Fitness Kinnex Party - 30 minutes fun team games followed by a 30 minute fitness class, choose from Boxercise Kidz or Street Dance Kidz. Fitness Kinnex parties are based on the Fitness Kinnex 2 hour multi-activity sessions. Monday and Friday 4pm – 6pm held at Armley leisure centre. This includes Fitness Kinnex coach. Maximum party numbers: 20
- Go-karting party – a fun fast-paced party as children race around the sports hall in individual karts. For children aged 4-9years. Maximum party numbers: 25.
- Team games – children will spend an hour playing organised team games such as relay races, kwik cricket and unihoc.
For children aged 6years+. Maximum party numbers: 26.
- Mini-team games – this is similar to the team games but games are tailored to suit younger children between 4 – 6 years. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Themed sports parties – the birthday child can choose a sport they like such as football, netball as the theme for their party. Please speak to the centre where you would like to have the party for details about the sports available. For children age 6years+. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Skate and scooter party – children can skate and scoot along to disco dance music. Skates, scooters and protective equipment are available for children to use or they are welcome to bring their own. For children aged 6years+. Maximum party numbers: 25.
- Arts and crafts arty party – children can explore their creative side in this fun party, sticking, painting and cutting to create masterpieces. For children aged 5 – 8 years. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Climbing – the only party which is also the perfect safe introduction to basic climbing techniques. Work in harness and pairs . Instructor and equipment provided. For children aged 8 years+. Maximum party numbers: 8.
- Gladiators – are you ready to battle? Grab your pugil sticks and find out who is the champion! For children aged 8 years+. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Mini-Olympics – get in practice for 2012 and try out some athletics fun such as javelin throwing, hurdling and discus throwing. For children aged 6-14 years. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Roller Hockey –it’s fast and furious, hockey on blades, can you keep up? For children aged 8 years+. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Roller Disco – strap on your blades and boogie to some dance tunes! For children aged 8 yearss+. Maximum party numbers: 20.
- Xerdance – from the arcade to our party, step on to all new dance mats and compete in a fast and furious dance off. Projected onto the wall for you and your friends to enjoy. For children aged 8 years+. Maximum party numbers: 18.
Outdoor water parties
- Canoeing, kayaking, raft-building and sailing parties – are all exclusively available at Leeds sailing and activity centre in Yeadon. For children aged 8 years +. Maximum party numbers: canoeing and kayaking: 8, raft-building: 12, sailing: 4.
Party prices vary depending on their type and size. Please see the document in the downloads section at the bottom of this page for prices or telephone the leisure centre of your choice to discuss your requirements
How to book
To discuss your requirements and book a party please contact the leisure centre at which you wish to hold your party. Links to all of the leisure centres can be found on the related pages at the bottom of this page. You can check availability by either phoning, emailing or going into the centre of your choice. Arrangements for the payment of the party vary from centre to centre, so you will need to contact the centre directly for their payment terms and conditions.