We have first class indoor and outdoor athletics facilities used regularly by professional athletes, clubs and school children as they train to reach their goals.
Indoor athletics facilities
- 50 metre 6 lane indoor straight track for sprint and hurdle training and strength and conditioning work.
- Facilities for all jumping disciplines.
- Javelin throwing area.
- Indoor throwing cage for discus, hammer and shot.
Outdoor athletics facilities
- 8 lane all weather outdoor athletics track.
- Facilities for all jumping disciplines - triple jump, long jump, high jump and pole vault.
- Outdoor throws area for hammer discus javelin and shot putt.
Leeds City athletics club meet every Tuesday and Thursday from 6.30pm – 9.00pm. Athletes of any age (eight years+) and ability are welcome to attend.
Disability athletics offering a full range of both track and field events. Tuesdays 6pm to 7pm for boys and girls aged 8 to 14 years old, 7pm to 8pm for 14 years + (term time only). Suitable for adults and children with any disability. Sessions are run by Leeds City Athletics Club and Leeds sport and active lifestyles team.
Wheelchair Racing sessions for wheelchair athletes who want to train and compete on the track. Thursday 7pm to 8pm for both adults and children aged 8 years +. Sessions are run by Leeds City Athletics Club.
The outdoor athletics track conforms to full International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) specifications.
Disabled facilities include: reserved parking for disabled drivers, level entrance, automatic entrance doors, accessible changing and shower facilities, adapted bikes for use on the track and speed chairs.