Aquatics Centre Reception, Tel. 0113 247 5222
May Bank holiday opening times are: Sat 4 May 7.30am - 9.30am and 1.30pm - 3.30pm, Sun 5 May 9am -10am and 1pm-4pm and Mon 6 May 9am to 2pm.
You can find our swimming timetable by clicking on the downloads button at the bottom of this page.
Aquatics centre opening times
Monday - 6.45am-10.15pm
Tuesday - 6.45am-10.30pm
Wednesday - 6.45am- 10.30pm
Thursday - 6.45am- 10.30pm
Friday - 6.45am-10.30pm
Saturday - 7am- 4.30pm *
Sunday - 8.30am- 7.00pm *
*subject to change for galas
Cafe opening times
Monday - 6.30am to 7.30pm
Tuesday - 8am to 6.30pm
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - 6.30am to 6.30pm
Saturday and Sunday - 9.30am to 3.30pm*
*subject to change for galas
What's on offer at the Aquatics Centre?
The Aquatics Centre at John Charles Centre for Sport boasts a state of the art 50 metre pool with moveable floors and booms which allows us to create the perfect pool environment at different water depths for all ages and abilities of swimmers.
Want to improve your stroke?
Try our Swimfit swimming sessions (previously known as Masters). Coached sessions open to anyone over 16 years of age. Sessions cater for swimmers of all abilities from competitive swimmers and tri-athletes to people who simply want to maintain or improve their fitness or want to improve their stroke.
Want to bring the family?
Try our Big Splash family swimming sessions. A session for all ages with a range of equipment to put the fun back into swimming. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Remember adults, you too must be accompanied by children. Alternatively you could come to the one of the general swim sessions.
Want to swim lengths?
We have general lane sessions at both 50m and 25m, aimed at those just wanting to swim lengths.
Want to learn to swim?
We have lessons for both adults and children. Children’s swimming lesson run on a course basis and are bookable through reception. Adult lessons run on a Tuesday lunchtime and are open to anyone, just turn up.
Want to try something different?
Diving lessons are available in our dedicated diving pool for both adults and juniors. We have a 3m, 5m, 7.5m and 10m diving platforms as well as 1m and 3m springboards. Participants will need to be confident in deep water and able to swim 50m.
The comprehensive programme of activities means there’s a session to suit everyone. Download a swim programme for full details from the bottom of this page.
- City of Leeds Diving Club
- City of Leeds Swimming Club
- Leeds Sub Aqua Club meet every Wednesday at 7.15pm. It is suitable for anyone that has a basic swimming ability and can be attended by adults and children aged 14 - 18 if accompanied by an adult. Try dives are available but would need to check suitability
- Diving Leisure Club PADI discover scuba diving course
- Leeds Freedivers Sub Aqua Club Diving & Octopush (under water hockey)
- Leeds Sharks water polo club have sessions for U14’s, U18’s, senior men, ladies and mini polo for under 11’s at the Aquatics centre at John Charles centre for sport.
- Leeds Phoenix lifesaving club takes place on Thursdays from 6pm - 8pm. Sessions available for Rookies (Dolphin 6 award or higher), seniors and adults.
Children under eight years old who are attending a swimming sessions must be accompanied by an adult (16 years+), One adult can supervise a maximum of two children under eight years old.
During school holidays and bank holidays the swimming timetable may vary. Holiday period programmes will be available to download from this page or collect from the centre.
Disabled facilities include: Oxford Dippers for access into the pools, special hoists in disabled shower areas, coloured grab rails and designated parking to front of building.