We take the development of our social work teams seriously in Leeds. From the moment you start with us you will have a formal programme of development and support to suit your needs, whether you are a newly qualified social worker or an advanced practitioner.
As part of the Yorkshire and Humber region, Leeds Children’s Services is committed to being the most collaborative, supportive and rewarding place in which to enjoy a career as a Children’s Social Worker. We work closely with local and regional partners, including the regional universities to provide on-going development which is based on research and practice.
By sharing best practices and a clear vision, we will make it easier for you to make a difference in children’s lives.
As a Children’s Social Worker in Leeds, this is what you can expect:
- Greater leadership and support - Every Children's Social Worker will receive the highest levels of support and supervision with clear leadership. Caseloads will be manageable and you'll have clear guidance and direction.
- More time with children - Accurate reporting and analysis is a vital part of the work we do. But we're committed to finding innovative ways to give you more time to spend with children and use your professional skills.
3. Structured induction process - Newly Qualified Social Workers receive an on-going formal induction throughout your first year, tailored to individual needs together with on-going personal development planning.
4. Support and development opportunities – Our Children’s Social Workers are part of a highly committed and passionate team who support one another. You will have access to regional networks and training opportunities, giving you the freedom to find your niche and the area in which you're really passionate. You will also benefit from a seminar programme and an annual conference, keeping you up to date on the latest research from local universities.
5. Better communication - safer children - You'll benefit from more effective working partnerships and joined-up thinking with local and national NHS services, schools and police forces. As a city and region we’ll work closer together to learn from one another and adopt best practices.
Our Children’s Social Work Training Offer is available to view on the Downloads tab at the bottom of this page.
We are also in the process of designing a Children’s Social Work Team Manager development offer which will be available at the end of 2012.
Crucially, all Social Workers and managers can be assured that they will have regular supervision meetings backed up by a high quality annual appraisal and development plan.