This is a limited service operating in the Rothwell and south-east Leeds area only. There are no plans to expand the service to other areas. If you do not have a food waste bin and are looking for an alternative way to dispose of food waste, you may want to consider composting.
- All dairy products such as cheese and eggs (including shells)
- Breads, pastries and cakes
- Cooked and uncooked food
- Meat, fish and poultry (including bones)
- Out of date food
- Pasta, rice and beans
- Teabags and coffee grounds
- Uneaten leftovers from dishes and plates including uneaten takeaway food
- Vegetables and fruit (including peelings)
- Packaging of any sort
- Plastic bags or wrapping
- Pet waste
These liners are provided for your food waste bins. If you want to use a liner in your kitchen caddy you can use old newspapers or other waste paper. Alternatively, any brand of compostable liner that clearly displays the European Bio plastics logo can be used and these can be purchased from larger supermarkets and hardware stores.
Just make sure you don't use any other type of bag or liner, e.g. made from plastic.
If any of your bins go missing you can request a replacement. Please see the Request Bins page for more information on how to do this.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 0113 222 4406.
Love Food Hate Waste