Area Teams aim to improve the quality and value for money of local services and help you to influence the way things are done in your area. There are 10 Area Committees across Leeds of which 4 are in the West North West Area and these are supported by the Area Support Team.
Our team is managed by the West North West Area Leader, Jane Maxwell
Our role includes:
- Supporting the four area committees in our area;
- Bringing residents, councillors, council services and other organisations together to make things better in local communities;
- Working with local people to give them a say in how services are provided in their community;
- Promoting partnership working between the Council and other service deliverers including the Police, NHS Leeds, Housing Leeds, Voluntary, Community and Faith based sectors; and
- Administering the area committee wellbeing budgets which are allocated every year to projects that will benefit the local area and address local priorities.
West North West Area Committees
Each Area Committee consists of two or more wards
North West Inner Area Committee
Hyde Park and Woodhouse
North West Outer Area Committee
Adel and Wharfdale
Guiseley and Rawdon
Otley and Yeadon
West Inner Area Committee
Bramley and Stanningley
West Outer Area Committee
Calverley and Farsley
Farnley and Wortley
Community groups, charities or other public services can apply. Small grants are up to £500 and large grants are over £500.
For details on how to make an application to Area Committee’s please use the contact us form below or contact us on:
Telephone: 0113 3367856