Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

There are no related pages available for the current page. If you are looking for specific page, please try the AtoZ council services.

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Walls and Fences

If a road or footway is in danger of breaking up because of a wall collapsing then the council will be responsible for dealing with the problem. Please report the problem to the contact centre on 0113 2224407.

The contact centre is open Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.  Please be aware Monday mornings being the busiest period at the contact centre.

Homeowners or occupiers are responsible for the maintenance of boundary walls or fences on private land that are next to the street. If anyone is concerned for the safety of the public because of a dangerous wall they should contact Building Control by either:

Email: planning@leeds.gov.uk or telephone  0113 247 8000 (minicom 0113 247 4305)or you can write to: Building Control section, 2 Rossington Street, Leeds, LS2 8HD.