Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Musgrave Court

Please note that Musgrave Court Care Home, Pudsey has now closed

Thinking about residential care

Residential care does provide accommodation, meals, leisure activities, personal care and emotional support for those who are unable to manage at home.

The care mainly includes help with eating, washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs, and caring for you if you become ill. However, residential care does not include nursing care. 

How to choose a residential home 

There are many people who can provide you with information about residential care - talk to them to make sure the home you choose is right for you. You can talk to:

  • Your GP
  • Your social worker or care manager
  • Nurse
  • Health visitor.

How to apply for residential care

You will need to be assessed for residential care.

  • Contact Adult Social Care on 0113 222 4401
  • Someone will call you to arrange an assessment if it looks as though Adult Social Care can help  (if not, we will put you in touch with another organisation who can help)
  • At the assessment, a care manager will talk with you about what help you may need in your day-to-day life.
  • Depending on your financial situation, you may have to pay for some services.

You will find more information in The Care Services Directory in the download section of this page.