Support in mainstream schools
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Support in mainstream schools

All schools must provide information about their individual support for children and young people with SEN and disabilities, on their own websites and through printed information. Use the ‘find services for SEN and disabilities’ button on this page to find schools in your area.

You can find our guide setting out the offer of support from all mainstream schools in Leeds in the documents section on this page. This includes the support that children with SEN and disabilities who are in foster care or residential settingscan expect. You can also read more about a young person's experiences in the documents section. To find out more about specialist education provision for complex needs please see the related pages section.


If you would like to comment on the offer of support in mainstream schools, we would like to hear from you. Use our feedback page under the related​ pages section to share your views.

Advice and support

If you are considering educating your child at home (elective home education), visit the Family Information Service (FIS) for more information.

If you need advice or support about any education issue related to SEN and disability, you can contact the Leeds SEND Information Advice and Support Service (formerly Parent Partnership Service). The team can provide you with general information about services for SEN and disabilities and advise you on how best to access the site. Leaflets and downloads can also be posted out to you. For expert advice on any of the services shown in the Leeds Local Offer please use the contact details that each specific website provides.

You can call the Helpline on 0113 378 5020 or send an email to:​​

​​ ​​​​​​​​​

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Did you find the information you were looking for?