Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

There are no related pages available for the current page. If you are looking for specific page, please try the AtoZ council services.

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Student nurses

You may get a discount if the student nurse is:

  • employed as a student nurse but taking a course which will lead to first registration in the Nurses’ Part or the Midwives’ Part of the register maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Council under the Nursing and Midwifery Order 2001; or
  • not employed as a nurse but taking a nursing degree or diploma course and getting a student grant or scholarship.

Does an exemption apply?

Sometimes - if all the residents in a property are student nurses in full-time education and/or full-time students, then an exemption from Council Tax applies. 

How to claim this discount or exemption

If you would like to claim this discount or exemption, go to the Documents section and download the application form.

In line with Data Protection law, we may use information you give us to prevent or detect fraud or other crimes.  We may also share it with other Council services or public organisations if they need it in order to carry out their legal duties.​​​

How can I get proof that I've been exempt from council tax?

You may want to have proof of exemption for many reasons but most often you'll need it for landlords/letting agents as they demand to see it before releasing your bond/deposit.

We can send an exemption notice, which will state the dates in which the exemption has applied, to any address, though it must be via post.

You can request this using the Contact Us form on this page. Please include your name, the address the enquiry relates to and the address you'd like us to post the notice to.

Did you find the information you were looking for?