Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Placing a structure on the Highway

‚ÄčTo place a structure on the public highway, such as village name stones, community information boards, planters or benches, you will need to get a licence. You must give at least three months notice when you apply for a licence.

To apply for a licence please print off the application form, which can be downloaded from this page, complete it and send it with your payment and plan (minimum scale 1:1250) to the address on the form.

If you require further information about your proposed application please contact us on 0113 2477526, or email us using the contact us form below.

After we get your application form we will carry out some checks and if approved will arrange for a licence to be drawn up.