We are responsible for the maintenance of highway street furniture listed below:
- Street name plates
- Pedestrian guard-rails
- Highway seats (mainly in the city centre)
- Traffic signs and equipment (excluding traffic signals)
- Road direction signs
- Lighting columns
All other street furniture, listed below:
- Visitor information boards, maps and finger posts.
- Pay and display machines (on street and car parks)
- Cycle stands
- Public transport furniture (bus stops, bus shelters etc)
- Furniture belonging to gas, water or electricity companies
- Litter bins
are the responsibility of the appropriate organisation.
If you have any concerns or questions about street furniture please either telephone the contact centre on 0113 2224407, or use the online reporting form link on this page.