Spending on Schools
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Spending on Schools

​Spending on schools and other education services are reported to the Department for Education in the Section 251 return (previously Section 52).

What is a Section 251 return?

As a council, we are required to prepare and submit our planned and actual expenditure on schools and other education services to the Department for Education. This is a requirement of section 251 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009. 

The main reason for the statements is to inform schools and the public in general about our funding and expenditure plans. They give detailed information on our planned expenditure for schools and other education services in a form which allows benchmarking, by schools forums and other councils.

Section 251 replaces Section 52 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 in England.

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Did you find the information you were looking for?