The role of the area support team is to:
- Support the community committees
- Bring residents, Councillors, council services and other organisations together to bring improvements to local communities
- Work with local people to give them a say in how services are provided in their community
- Promote partnership working between the Council and other service providers.
- Administer the community committee wellbeing budgets and other funds helping to direct them to projects that will benefit the local area and address local priorities
Outer East community committee
Cross Gates and Whinmoor
Garforth and Swillington
Kippax and Methley
Inner South community committee
Beeston and Holbeck
City and Hunslet
Outer South community committee
Ardsley and Robin Hood
How can I apply for funding?
Each community committee has a Wellbeing budget and a Youth Activities Fund. Wellbeing funds are allocated every year to projects that will benefit the local area and address local priorities. Community groups, charities or other public services can apply for small or large grants.
Small grants are up to £500 and large grants are over £500.
The Youth Activities Fund is available to provide local activity for children and young people aged 8 to 17 years across the city. The fund is to provide opportunities for play, arts, sport and cultural activities.
For details of how to make an application please email us or telephone: 0113 247 5536.