This page provides a brief overview of a number of services currently available to schools. If you're interested in more information then follow the relevant link from the Related Pages tab at the bottom of the page.
The Health and Wellbeing Service in Children’s Services developed the www.SchoolWellbeing.co.uk
website for Leeds schools – it is in fact used by hundreds of schools both within and beyond Leeds.
SchoolWellbeing.co.uk is a website aimed at staff in schools or settings who support the health and wellbeing of children and young people. The term 'wellbeing' spans a wide spectrum of themes including Healthy Schools, emotional health, targeted mental health (TaMHS), bullying, sustainable schools, participation, healthy eating, PSHE Education, SEAL, citizenship and more.
Parents and carers are also welcome to access resources and read more about health and wellbeing via the website.
The Cultural Learning Team
Our role is to ensure that all children and young people in Leeds have equal entitlement and access to arts and culture, play, sports and outdoor learning. This is achieved through working with schools, local communities, Leeds City Council teams and the arts and cultural sector.
There are 3 strands to the Cultural Learning Team:
- ArtForms – Music and Arts Service including Artemis (arts and artefacts lending scheme for schools)
- Play – the development and delivery of play opportunities for children and young people across the city
- Physical Education, Sport and Outdoor Learning.
Human Resources services for schools
School’s HR consulting is a long established team based in Leeds. We have been trading Human Resources services for almost 10 years and specialise in providing advice and support for schools. We offer:
- A competitive, value for money service;
- A wide range of HR expertise, including private and public sector -our colleagues have also worked in education for a number of years;
- Flexible packages to meet your school’s specific needs;
- Access to various educational networks to maintain an up to date knowledge at a local and national level;
- Good working relationships with the trade unions;
- A strong focus on school improvement and a child-centred approach.
Please have a look at the documents attached to this page which set out more fully how we can help your school.