The Leeds Governor Support Service works with schools, governors, local communities and voluntary organisations, with the aim of making sure that governing bodies are representative of the local communities served by schools
The range of services we offer benefits individual governors, governing bodies, school staff and head teachers. These include:
- Support, advice and information about governors’ responsibilities and effectiveness
- A full clerking service to school governing bodies
- An annual school governors’ training programme
- Tailored courses for individual governing bodies
- A termly newsletter and regular email updates
On these pages you should find useful information to assist you in your role as governor, including useful guidance, bulletins and model policies.
How can I get involved?
All over Leeds people like you are helping to run schools. You don’t need any particular expertise or special qualifications, as full training is given. You just need interest, enthusiasm and be able to commit about eight hours a term. If you would like to fill in an application form just click on the ‘get involved’ section on the right hand side of this page.
If you have any queries or if you would like more information, please contact the governor support service on 0113 2475560 or email us via the ‘contact us’ button below.