Leeds City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This is reflected in the way that new staff are recruited.
Jobs that require staff members to have contact with or access to information for children and vulnerable adults will require us to follow a robust safer recruitment process.
This will include
- Requesting and receiving two references prior to interview
- Checking all employment gaps
- Obtaining where applicable an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check - If you have been asked to complete a DBS application, please see attached guidance
- Verification of all essential qualifications
- Any other checks applicable to the job
You can get further information from the Disclosure and Barring Service website.