We look after the roads and pavements in Leeds and we are responsible for keeping them in good repair. We provide an emergency response service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can report any road and pavement faults or problems using our online form, which can be found using the link in the top right of this page.
Our work includes
- resurfacing and repairing roads and pavements
- salting and gritting roads in the winter
- looking after street lighting and lighting on signs and bollards
- traffic regulation and traffic calming schemes
- managing other companies such as utilities who are working on roads and pavements
- vehicular crossings for domestic driveways
- pedestrian crossings
If you would like information about any of these, please contact us on 0113 222 4407, or email us using the contact us form below.
Obstructions on roads or pavements
Roadworks, skips, scaffolding, hoardings, advertising boards and building materials that block the road or pavement are all considered to be causing an obstruction. If trees or branches hang over the road or pavement they are also an obstruction.
If you want to report an obstruction on a road or pavement you can ring the highways helpline on 0113 2224407 Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 18:00. Please be aware that Monday morning is the busiest time at the contact centre.
If obstructions on roads or pavements are not cleared after we have made reasonable requests for this to be done, we will prosecute the offenders.