Leeds City Council owns over 5,000 garages and plot sites across the city which can be rented and used to store motor vehicles or motor cycles. Both council tenants and non-tenants can apply to rent a garage.
If you’re struggling to park in your street this could be the answer.
Council garages cannot currently be used for commercial use, general storage, repairing vehicles or running a business.
How do I apply?
Please complete the application form and return it to your local housing office.
How much is it to rent a garage?
It is £7.76 per week for council tenants and £8.87 per week for non-council tenants (VAT is applicable for non-council tenants).
Insurance for garages is not included in the tenants’ insurance scheme.
How are garages allocated?
All applicants join a waiting list. Garages are allocated from the waiting list based on the following criteria:
- Council tenants are considered before non-tenants
- Council tenants with rent arrears on their property account will not be considered until they have paid these arrears in full
- Preference will be given to tenants who have a mobility vehicle
- Garages that are next to multi-story flats are allocated to tenants living in the flats in the first instance
- If no waiting list exists then garages are let on a first come first served basis
- Only one garage is allocated per applicant unless there are no other applicants on the waiting list for that area