A problem with your bin? You can find some helpful hints below
What do I do if my bin has not been collected?
If your bin was put out by 7:00am and has not been collected by 5:00pm, please talk to your neighbours to see if they have also been affected, if they have just call us on 0113 2224406 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to report that your entire street has been missed. If it looks like only your bin has been missed, please return your bin back to where you store it and wait for your next collection day.
What do I do if my bin has been lost, stolen or damaged?
Please e-mail email@example.com or use the contact us tab below to request new bins. Please remember to include your address, the type of bin you need and the reason for the request (i.e. lost, additional recycling bin). All bins are provided free of charge.
What goes in which bin?
Your green bin is for your dry recyclable items and your black bin is for general rubbish. If you have a brown bin it's for garden waste. You may also have a dedicated food waste bin. Full details on what goes in each bin are provided in the related pages below.
What do I do if my bins are overflowing?
Try to follow the 3 Rs – reduce, re-use and recycle
Reduce – just buy less when you're doing your weekly supermarket shop
Re-use - can you use something again rather than throw it away or pass it on to someone else who needs it?
Recycle – use your green bin and local recycling sites as much as you can. If you want an extra green bin e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use re-usable shopping bags instead of accepting carrier bags.
- Stop unwanted mail. You can opt out of junk mail addressed to you at the mail preference service.
- Start home composting for your vegetable peelings and garden waste, please see related page below.
- Try using real nappies, we offer a subsidised scheme to get you started, please see the link below.
- You can have an extra black bin if there are more than 5 people living in your house or if you have 2 children or more still in nappies. If this is the case please call us on 0113 2224406.
What do I do with my medical waste?
Please do not put needles and syringes in any of your bins, these can be returned to your doctor or where you got them from. If you need your medical waste collecting from your home please contact us on 0113 2478472 or 0113 2478436.
What do I do with my hazardous waste?
Take it to your nearest recycling site. If you are unable to do this call us on 0113 2224406 to see if you qualify for a collection from your home.
Will you empty my septic tank?
No. There are a number of contractors in the area willing to carry out this work.