Dealing with problems in private rented accommodation.
If you have concerns about the condition of your rented house or your landlord, you can contact our private rented sector housing team.
Before you contact us, make sure that your landlord knows what the problem is and that you have given them enough time to resolve. If your landlord is a member of the Leeds Landlords Accreditation Scheme or UNIPOL you should contact the operators of these schemes by using the External Links on this page. They will investigate your complaint.
If you feel that your property is in a dangerous condition, contact us as soon as possible.
There are further links and documents to download on this page which cover:
- How to rent - checklist for renting in England
- Electrical safety
- Gas safety
- Tenancies and tenancy deposits
- Harassment and illegal eviction
- Anti-social behaviour
- Reporting a hazard in your home
- Fire safety
- Advisory standards for houses in multiple occupation.
- Condensation and mould growth
- Saving energy
- Council Tax and Benefits (See Related Pages)
If you need any more help or advice about housing conditions/standards, please contact us on 0113 2477594 or use the Contact us form. We have staff who inspect properties and undertake enforcement action to remove hazards.
If you have any questions about benefits telephone 0113 2224404.