If you are claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance and have been claiming Council Tax support for 26 weeks or more, you will be offered a place on the personal work support programme. You will have to complete this programme to keep receiving Council Tax support unless you’re part of one of the exempt or protected groups.
You will be required to complete five review appointments with one of our employment advisors who are able to support all aspects of looking for work which includes:-
- Help to update your CV
- Advice and support for applying for vacancies online
- Advice on how to find the type of work you are looking for
- The latest job vacancy information
- Free access to our computers
- Help with any health, money, benefit or housing concerns that you may have
To book an appointment with an advisor, please call 0113 222 4404.
You can find further information on the package of support available in our Council Tax Support
for Jobseekers leaflet (PDF 223KB) which is available to view in the Documents section.