Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Nationality checking service

If you are applying for British citizenship we can check your application for validity, copy and certify your original documents and send it on your behalf to the Home Office by secure mail.
Booking an appointment
Please call 0113 222 4408 if you would like to make an appointment. We will take your contact details and a qualified advisor will call you within 10 working days to book your appointment. 
What does it cost?
  • £70 per adult application
  • £30 per child application
You will need to pay the checking fee when we call to make your appointment. This is a non-refundable fee.
In addition to our checking fee you will also need to pay the Home Office for processing your application. More information about Home Office fees can be found using the external links section. We will forward your payment to the Home Office with your application.
Home Office fees may be paid by a credit/debit card or a cheque made payable to The Accounting Officer, Home Office. We cannot send cash to the Home Office.
Where will my appointment be?
Leeds Register Office
City Centre One Stop
2 Great George Street