If you are applying for British citizenship we can:
- check that your application form has been filled in correctly
- copy and certify your original documents
- send it for you to the Home Office by secure mail.
Booking an appointment for Nationality checking service:
If you would like to book an appointment, please call 0113 222 4408 and select the option for Nationality checking service.
Please ensure you leave your full name and the telephone number where we can contact you and a qualified advisor will call you back within 10 working days to book your appointment.
What does it cost to have your application form checked?
- £70 for each adult application
- £30 for each child application
You will need to pay the checking fee when we call you back to make your appointment. This is a non-refundable fee.
What does it cost to apply for British Citizenship?
You will also need to pay the Home Office for processing your application. More information about Home Office fees can be found using the external links section on this page.
We will send your payment to the Home Office with your application.
Home Office fees must be paid by either:
- a credit or debit card
- or a cheque made payable to: The Accounting Officer, Home Office.
We cannot send cash to the Home Office.
Where will my appointment be?
Leeds Register Office
City Centre One Stop Centre
2 Great George Street