Leeds Youth Offending Service
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Leeds Youth Offending Service

We work with children and young people aged 10 to 17 years who have offended and help prevent them getting into further trouble. 

We work with a variety of organisations, young people, parents and carers to:

  • support children and young people and prevent them from offending
  • reduce the risk of further offending by young people and help them face up to the consequences 
  • work with and support victims of youth crime
  • support young people who are bailed by the courts, during sentence and on release
  • supervise young people on court orders
  • assist with arrangements for a young person remanded to Local Authority care by the courts
  • assist parents through voluntary support.

For further information about the criminal justice system for youths please see the external links section.

Click to expandHow to contact us

Leeds YOS has 3 geographical area teams, ENE (East North East), WNW (West North West) and SSE (South South East) and several specialist teams that work across the city. 

You can email the area teams on leeds.yos.admin@leeds.gov.uk​​ or on secure email leeds.yos.admin@leeds.gov.uk.cjsm.net​

Secure emails:
To send a secure email with personal data in use the addresses shown (you'll need a CJSM account). Otherwise you can use the email addresses shown and delete .cjsm.net from the end of the address.

Youth Offending Service ENE Team: 0113 3786300

9 Harrogate Road, 
Chapel Allerton, 

Youth Offending Service Management Team:
leeds.yos@leeds.gov.uk.cjsm.net or 0113 3782055

Restorative Justice and Volunteering Team: 
0113 3782055

SSE Team
 0113 3782055

Interventions Team:
0113 3782055
These teams are based at
Youth Justice centre
Church Street
LS10 2AY (please see the map in the documents section on this page)

WNW Team
0113 3785035

Hough Lane Centre, 
Hough Lane, 
LS13 3RD​  

Court Team

0113 3782071

Level 5
Leeds Magistrates Court, 
28 Westgate,  LS1 3UP 

email: leeds.yos.court@leeds.gov.uk.cjsm.net​​ ​​​​​​

Click to expandRestorative justice

Restorative justice is about resolving conflict, recognising harm, offering support and giving choices to victims of crime. Victims can have a voice in the process and can chose either direct or indirect communication with the person who has offended.

Restorative justice is a voluntary process which can re-empower victims and help them to move on from an offence. It is an opportunity for a young person to repair the harm caused by their offending and to enable them to understand the impact that the offence has on victims and on the wider community.

Reparation is also a part of restorative justice and can see a person carry out a positive activity to benefit the community such as working on environmental projects, helping people older people and people with disabilities or delivering leaflets for a charity.

Reparation is a way of providing an opportunity for young people to make a positive contribution and can be reassuring for victims which could help to reduce the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour. If you would like to suggest any projects for Reparation please contact us using the contact information below.

If you would like any further information about Restorative Justice or Reparation on by calling 0113 3782055 or emailing restorative.justice@leeds.gov.uk

For general information on Restorative Justice please visit the Restorative Justice Council website

Click to expandSupporting young people sentenced in court

​All young people who are referred to the YOS are assessed by a member of  our staff. The assessment used (Asset) is approved by the Youth Justice Board.

Young people and parents are asked for their input and the information given is used to identify what services and interventions would help. If a young person has special education needs or a disability we work with our nurses, education officers and other professionals to develop an individual plan to meet their needs.

Education support
Whilst a young person is in custody the YOS Education Officer will ensure that:

  • the young person’s school is invited to attend reviews in custody
  • planning for release is started at an early stage
  • school has been identified and is available for the young person to attend on their day of release
  • details of work done in custody are provided to the school on release​

Young People in custody: an overview

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Did you find the information you were looking for?