We work with children and young people aged 10 to 17 years who have offended and help prevent them getting into further trouble.
We work with a variety of organisations, young people, parents and carers to:
- support children and young people and prevent them from offending
- reduce the risk of further offending by young people and help them face up to the consequences
- work with and support victims of youth crime
- support young people who are bailed by the courts, during sentence and on release
- supervise young people on court orders
- assist with arrangements for a young person remanded to Local Authority care by the courts
- assist parents through voluntary support.
For further information about the criminal justice system for youths please see GOV.UK