Enablers - Morley
UBU are currently recruiting for full and part time positions across Leeds. We are looking for people to who can provide high quality support to people with learning disabilities by listening to and understanding their needs. Salary £7 per hour minimum. Full time and part time hours available.
Experience not required.
To apply, please go to http://www.ubujobs.co.uk/vacancies. Enter reference number 11240 for full time and 11241 for part time.
Barber - Burmantofts
Kings Kut Barbers is looking to recruit an experienced and qualified Barber to cut primarily Afro-Caribbean men’s hair.
You will be required to provide excellent customer services by cutting, trimming, reconstructing and designing hair according to client’s demands.
Rate of pay is £6.90 to £7.00 per hour, working 10:30am – 7:00pm Monday to Saturday.
How to apply: please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com in the first instance., quoting reference number EL/KK01.
CNC Machinist - Cross Green
Apprentice trained qualified CNC Machinist with good engineering background. A good working knowledge of diferent machines and a willingness to be flexible.
Salary £10.40 per hour, working 40 hours per week.
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance., quoting reference number EL/WC011.
CNC Lathe Operator - Kirkstall
- USG–GLEDCO is a growing international company involved in the manufacturing of carbon components used in petrochemical aerospace nuclear and industrial applications.
The company is seeking enthusiastic apprentice trained CNC Centre Lathe Operator with good programming knowledge. Excellent rates + variable bonus, no shift work, 39 hour week and
24 days holiday.
For more information please telephone Mr Gary Dove – General Manager.
USG – GLEDCO
TEL 0113 275 1144
FAX 0113 2304724
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to USG-GLEDCO at email@example.com quoting the reference number EL/UG01.
Apprentice Gardeners - City Wide
Leeds City Council’s Parks and Countryside service is offering an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic gardeners. We are looking for committed, hard working individuals who are keen to learn new skills and build a career in horticulture, starting in September 2014.
You will be employed by Leeds City Council, learning in the workplace whilst studying for a nationally recognised apprenticeship at Leeds City College. Areas of study will include plant identification, establishing plants/seeds and pruning.
You will also learn essential health and safety at work practices and come together as a group on a monthly basis to undertake seasonally appropriate tasks to enhance your skills. All apprentices will be allocated a Parks and Countryside staff mentor to support them through the process. Apprentices will be working on some of the most prestigious parks in Leeds and will work on more than one location during their apprenticeship.
Salary £12,614 per annum (fixed term contract until 1st June 2016), working 37 hours Monday to Friday.
How to apply: Go to www.leeds.gov.uk/jobs LCC job reference 13009 for full job description and person spec. All completed forms to be returned by 16th May, positions to start in September 2014
Customer Services Apprentice - Gildersome
A position has become available within the Customer Services Department of one of the top 4 driving schools in the UK. You will provide support to the Customer Services Manager and develop the knowledge and skills to receive, process and verify customer requests for changes.
You should have a flexible, positive and outgoing approach, plus be able and willing to learn new skills, and develop abilities within the business, working towards a high level of customer satisfaction. You will also assist towards the preparation of customer service summary reports.
Must have Maths and English GCSE grade C or above. Salary negotiable, above minimum Apprenticeship rates, working Monday to Friday full time.
To apply, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting EL/DD01.
Accounts Apprentice - Gildersome
A position has arisen within the Accounts Department of one of the top 4 driving schools in the UK. The role requires you to work alongside team members to ensure the accurate processing of information within the finance function of the company.
This role requires a high attention to detail. The person must be comfortable using various I.T. systems including Sage line 50 and Excel. Must have good telephone manner also.
Must have English and Maths GCSE grade C or above. Working Monday to Friday full time, salary negotiable (above minimum Apprenticeship rates).
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com quoting reference number EL/DD02.
Trainee Sales Advisors - Gildersome
A position has arisen within the Sales Department of one of the top 4 driving schools in the UK. To work alongside team members to receive inbound sales and customer services calls within the business hours. To explain about lessons, take bookings and payments for driving tuition. To have a flexible, positive and outgoing approach. Good knowledge of IT, social media, and keyboard skills and excellent interpersonal skills required.
Must have Maths & English GCSEs grade C or above. Working full time Monday to Friday. Salary negotiable.
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting EL/DD03.
Apprentice Digital Press Operator
The apprentice will be involved in the design, artwork and pre-press duties of the company, plus some administration duties such as invoicing and sending emails. Knowledge of computer systems and IT skills would be an advantage along with an interest in graphics and print production.
The position would involve liaising with customers both in person and on the telephone so a pleasant, helpful manner is essential.
Must have good level of literacy and numeracy, minimum of GCSE English C or above.
Apprenticeship framework to be delivered by The British Printing Industry Federation, training to take place in the workplace.
Working Monday to Friday full time, £3.50 per hour to start (subject to review after 3 months).
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com quoting reference number EL/AP01
Customer Sales Agent - Armley
Working for a Global electronics company, you will provide a first class customer experience in a target driven environment.
You will receive a competitive salary plus a range of fantastic employee benefits including discounts with high street retailers, a subsidised on-site restaurant, free parking, discounted travel, free on-site gym, childcare vouchers and pension. There are also lots of fun, social activities for you to get involved in.
• To drive long term, sustainable and profitable growth in line with the business strategy
• Nurture customer relationships by promoting and selling products and services
• Commitment to the company values
• Successful partnering with key internal functions to deliver on the customer promise
• Achieve and exceed agreed targets in line with KPIs
• Delivering service excellence through efficiency, accuracy and sophisticated customer service skills when processing orders and queries
• Utilise all appropriate selling techniques including up-selling, associated and substitute selling, probing for product and service opportunities and actively closing orders
• Outbound calls to follow up on campaigns and close on open opportunities
• Adhering to departmental procedures and quality standards
• The ability to confidently discuss product ranges on offer and retaining up to date basic product knowledge via use of catalogues and web
• Fully accountable for own performance
• Working effectively with all other sales and marketing functions to grow/manage accounts
Skills, know how and experience:
• Proven ability to achieve challenging sales targets is essential
• Demonstrable ability to successfully balance customer and business needs
• Confident telephone manner
• Keyboard / data-entry skills – both in speed and accuracy
• Competent verbal and written communication skills in the English language; appropriate words & phrases
• Ability to win concessions without damaging relationships, gains trust quickly in negotiations
• Demonstrable ability to thrive in a pressurised, fast-paced environment demonstrating a positive attitude to change
• Learns quickly, is flexible and goal oriented
• Pursues everything with energy and drive
• PC literate – good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Salary £15,500 to £16,000, working full time. To apply, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference EL/PR01.
Software Developer - Armley
Premier Farnell plc and Leeds Metropolitan University are seeking a self-motivated individual to work in a dynamic fast-paced commercial environment. The successful candidate will gain a wealth of hands-on experience in a technology-oriented setting, working to deliver an innovative commercial project. This full-time post is part-funded by the UK Government’s Knowledge Transfer Programme (KTP). The role is fixed term for two years and is based at Premier Farnell offices in Leeds.
• A minimum 2:1 Honours Degree, preferably in a computing discipline.
• Experience of programming in an object oriented language such as C++, Java or C#.
• Familiarity with relational databases and techniques such as entity relationship modelling (ERM) along with database implementation skills.
• Knowledge of web-application development using server and client side technologies.
• An interest and appreciation of NoSQL databases such as Column stores, Graph databases or triple-stores.
Candidates must be recent graduates and current company employees are ineligible.
Under Home Office regulations, the university is unlikely to be able to issue a Tier 2 certificate of sponsorship in respect of this post.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships - A Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) is a three-way project between a graduate, an organisation and a university. KTP is one of the UK’s largest graduate recruitment programmes that has been placing graduates on challenging, high profile projects for almost thirty years.
Salary up to £32,000 per annum depending upon experience, £4,000 personal development budget, management training programme and the opportunity to study for higher degree.
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com quoting reference number EL/PR02.
Motor Technician - City Centre
Fully qualified & experienced vehicle technician required by busy independent car service centre in Leeds. The successful applicant will be competent in the service & repair of vehicles to the highest standard, have a good understanding of modern vehicle systems/technology and be conversant at examining vehicles to determine system malfunctions using appropriate manufacturers diagnostic software programs.
A good team player is required, who is able to liaise & communicate with colleagues to ensure the smooth & efficient day to day running of the service department.
• Able to demonstrate good customer care skills
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy
Working full time hours Monday to Friday, salary negotiable.
How to Apply: Please send an CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting EL/LF03.