Now recruiting to a number of posts including:
- General Operatives
- Shift Supervisor
- Operations & Maintenance Assistant
- Weighbridge Operative
All posts come with competitive salaries and generous leave entitlements. Shift work included.
To apply please go to www.veolia.co.uk .
The Hunslet Club aims to provide activities that develop young people to achieve their full potential. We achieve this through sport, arts, dance, recreation and vocational training.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic, self motivated Marketing & Event Planning Officer to join our team.
Working 31 hours per week - Mon 10.30am – 5.30pm, Tue 10.30am – 5.30pm, Wed 12pm – 7pm, Fri 10.30am – 5.30pm, Sat 9am – 12pm.
Salary £16,000 per annum.
Request an application form by contacting Andrea Edwards – Operations Manager. CV’s without an application form will not be accepted.
Tel: 0113 2716489
Closing Date Friday 31st July 2015
Interview Date w/c 3 August 2015
We would suggest that the Apprentice studies Level 3 Cilex including law and practice.
The job role would include:
• Assisting solicitors with Court documentation
• File administration
• Answering the telephone
• Dealing with standard correspondence
A good standard of Maths & English required for this role, plus good communication skills.
Temporary Position to the 31st October 2015
Flexible Hours Contract
Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) now welcomes over 3 million passengers through our doors and is growing quickly. We are committed to employing high quality people who are ambitious and want to be part of our exciting development plans whilst delivering outstanding customer service to our airlines, business partners and passengers.
To help us achieve this we are looking for highly motivated employees with a positive attitude and the right approach when dealing with people.
To support the growth and increase in passenger numbers, LBA is now looking to grow the size of our established Car Park Operations Team.
You will assist in the smooth day-to-day running of the Car Park Operations, providing a safe and efficient operation and delivering outstanding Customer Service. Communication, customer service and problem solving is a key element which you will possess when dealing with passengers in and around the car parks. You will ensure that traffic flows are maintained at all times keeping car parks safe and free flowing and resolving any problems which may occur. Maintenance of the car parks is managed on a daily basis ensuring that technical equipment is fully operational, trolleys are collected and replaced and all areas are litter free. You will provide full assistance to the Car Park Assistant team & full training will be given
This is a challenging and exciting role, in which no two days are ever the same. You will work on a shift pattern, therefore flexibility is key.
Applicants must have a 5-year checkable work history and will be required to complete a basic CRB disclosure. Must be over 25 years old and have held a driving licence for over 3 years for insurance purposes.
If you wish to be considered for this role please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
or to Victoria Craven, Facilities Supervisor Leeds Bradford Airport, Whitehouse Lane, Leeds, LS19 7TU.
Closing date for applicants: Friday 31st July 2015
Efficiency North Ltd, working in partnership with Re:allies Ltd and their materials distributor PTS, would like to offer the opportunity for two individuals to work within their Hunslet branch in Leeds, LS10 as Warehouse Apprentices.
PTS supply a comprehensive range of bathroom, heating and plumbing products to a wide range of customers, both public and private sectors, from national house builders to the sole trading plumber. We are committed to the development of our entire workforce so that they will gain the necessary skills to perform effectively and to reach their full potential.
General duties include:
• Picking delivery products
• General housekeeping
• Handling goods inwards
• Working with the public
• Undertake NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing
The positions are for 42.5 hours per week for under 1 hourly rate is £7.20.
How to Apply
Please visit our websitewww.futureworksyorkshire.co.uk
and complete our online application and upload your cvClosing date Friday 31th July 2015 (5pm)
Key result areas
1. Deliver a maintenance service to Connect Housing’s tenants and other customers.
2. Supporting where necessary the Reactive Repairs Team working to agreed standards of quality and time.
3. Actively engage in the learning programme and fully engage with study programmes to achieve NVQ2 in Construction Maintenance Operations within the set timeframe.
4. Use the knowledge gained at college and via work experience to contribute at team meetings.
5. To fully participate in the training and assessment process to develop and demonstrate a range of skills.
6. Willingness to learn to drive.
7. Provide an effective and efficient maintenance operations service maintaining buildings and carrying out general building duties that include carrying out safe working requirements whilst on site, keeping buildings in a good state of repair, meeting tenant’s day to day repairs needs, development, cyclical maintenance and planned maintenance programmes.
8. Carry out work and demonstrate a degree of multi-skilling to a maintenatrade standard.
9. Act in accordance with all relevant rules, regulations, policies and procedures including the preparation of risk assessments, method statements and construction safety plans to meet health and safety and company policy requirements.
10. To ensure that all premises used by the Associations Maintenance staff are used and maintained in a safe and clean condition and meet the requirements of Health & Safety Policy.
11. Maintains and updates relevant records, as directed, of all activities undertaken in the course of the working day to ensure accurate and up to date reporting information is available.
12. Implements the Association’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy to ensure equal access to all services provided by the Regeneration Team.
13. Adheres to the Associations policies and procedures with regard to confidentiality at all times.
14. Undertakes any other duties as agreed. It is acknowledged that the duties attached to all posts require periodic review in the light of prevailing circumstances and that flexibility is necessary to ensure the effective utilisation of human resources.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the White Rose Shopp¡ng Centre Team.
We are looking to recruit 2 Facility Services Apprenticeships on a 12 month paid contract.
Are you hard working, motivated passionate about customer service and ready to learn? Then this could be the apprenticeship for you.
We are looking for positive people who are passionate about delivering great service to all our customers.
Learn about our 3 important areas of the business, customer service, cleaning and security. Develop your skills and earn a professional qualification.
Undertake an NVQ level2 in Facilities Services.
Great communication skills are essential, as are a professional appearance and a flexible attitude towards working hours.
This is a great opportunity to join a very busy and highly successful team at the award winning White Rose Shopping Centre. lf you would like more information, or are interested in applying, please visit www.ocs.co.uk/careers .
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. The main scope of the role is to provide an internal support administration service for the Sales Support Account Management Team. You will assist with the planning and co-ordination of marketing activities, as well as attending internal meetings (sales, production and operational). There will also be other routine administration duties. You should demonstrate a high level of detail and be able to work in a pressured environment. You must also be very competent in Microsoft packages and be very familiar with social media platforms. Excellent communication skills are also required.
To apply: please send a CV to Gail Weathers, HR Director, Resource, 78 Armley Road, Leeds LS12 2EJ or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and high-ability graduate to join our growing team based in Leeds. This initial position is for a three month fixed term contract, based on full time employment at the applicable rate of the minimum wage scheme.
We require a graduate with previous work related marketing experience and competent graphic design skills. If the graduate can demonstrate their abilities and contribute to the marketing team in order to meet key targets during this timeframe we would look to adopt the individual on a permanent position within the business, on terms to be agreed.
The successful applicant must have a strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skill set and be able to work towards fixed deadlines whilst bringing creativity and imagination to the marketing of an industrial product in a business to business environment.
Working alongside the Marketing Supervisor the graduate will be responsible for setting the marketing strategy across the group and allocating spend from the marketing budget. The applicant will be expected to apply their skills and experience to action the marketing strategy and use their personal capabilities to allow the company to meet its key aims and sales targets.
The Marketing Assistant will be required to use a range of software such as Quark and Photoshop to produce various types of marketing material to assist brand awareness and generate sales. A few examples of the material required includes flyers, leaflets, price lists, advertisements, promotional material, online marketing images and website banners.
As well as graphic design work the Marketing Assistant’s tasks will include, but are not restricted, to the following: -
- Statistical analysis of the business and its customers to measure corporate marketing and sales success.
- Planning and undertaking of all company email marketing campaigns.
- Researching and planning of company presence at exhibitions.
- Online marketing to promote our e-commerce websites whilst constantly updating and innovating across all of our online presence.
All these tasks will be undertaken whilst closely working with company management to set the company’s marketing direction.
pco ltd are a leading national and international distributor of thermoplastic pipe systems based at Cross Green Industrial Estate, Leeds. We have built ourselves to be one of the UK’s major independent distributors of plastic pipe products. Our substantial stock range coupled with high levels of product knowledge and commitment to customer service have been major contributors to our continuous growth and success. We have recently expanded our revenue streams and areas of operation to include two web shops alongside our main core high turnover pipe distribution business and sister mining supplies company.
This role will offer a graduate a huge amount of experience and a chance to prove themselves in a corporate setting. Training and guidance will be provided through this role which will allow the graduate to gain a wide range of different experience by undertaking a huge range of different marketing tasks. Applicants can achieve professional development in this role with training courses, coaching and reflective supervision.
Good rates of pay. To apply, please send a CV to email@example.com.
The main scope of the role is to provide an internal support service for the sales team encompassing all aspects of sales, client relationship management, project management and production control.
The main areas of the role are highlighted below but are non exhaustive:
• Working closely with the Business Development Managers and administering all post sale activities
• Processing new jobs/ projects through from estimate stage, proofing cycle and through to Production
• Dealing with all sales and production queries to ensure all expectations and timelines are met
• Project management of key accounts ensuring all SLA are achieved
• Dealing with Creative, Web and niche business projects in conjunction with the respective departments
• Manage the Management Information System (MIS) to ensure all data is accurate, all jobs are processed in
accordance with instructions, all production and delivery timescales are met, diary management is proactive
• Management of marketing activities and campaigns for clients
• Attending client meetings with Business Development Managers
• Attending client meetings on key accounts which are serviced internally by the Sales Support team and taking
• Cross selling and up selling new and additional services to clients and prospects
• Attend internal meetings – sales, production, operational
• Attend training forums to ensure all relevant sales, product and technical skills are developed and maintained
Resource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies fully with the Equality Act 2010
How to apply for this role
Anyone wishing to apply for this role should in the first instance forward their CV to:
Human Resources Director
78 Armley Road
GIPSIL is recruiting an Renovation & Training Worker to join our Social Enterprise – Elevate - to deliver our property maintenance and renovation requirements.
Over the next three years, we will:
• Acquire ten properties that are in need of modernisation in Leeds and refurbish them to Design and Quality Standards
• Bring at least twelve leased properties up to Decent Homes Standards
• Provide day-to-day and cyclical maintenance services to GIPSIL’s growing property portfolio (currently around 70 leased, owned and managed properties)
• Continue to develop the Social Enterprise into a sustainable business with a strong reputation offering services to the wider community
Our aim is to provide training, apprenticeship and volunteering opportunities to GIPSIL service users and others within our community.
As Renovation & Training Worker, you will have:
• Experience of general property refurbishment and maintenance tasks
• Experience of supervising trainees and/or volunteers, with the ability to teach practical skills
• Knowledge & experience of a variety of building crafts, plastering, decorating, joinery, plumbing, wall tiling, bricklaying etc.
• A knowledge of Health and Safety legislation relating to building and construction
• A commitment to working with disadvantaged groups and individuals
• Ideally an apprentice trained craftsperson – NVQ level 2 and/or City & Guilds qualification
• A full, clean Driving Licence
Deadline for applications is Monday 27th July 2015 (Noon). Salary £18,500 per annum, working 37 hours per week.