In addition to always making the correct legal enquiries into your situation, there are a number of options we can explore with you to try and prevent or resolve your homelessness:
- Negotiation/mediation with family – if you are residing with family temporarily but need to find a home quickly, we will do everything we can to help you get rehoused, whilst hopefully remaining where you are for the moment.
- Homelessness Prevention Fund – we have a limited pot of money we can use to help prevent you from becoming homeless. For example, you may have identified a property with a private landlord but need help with the deposit. Provide us with the details and we will let you know whether we can help you.
Likewise, if you want to access a private rented tenancy, we work with a number of landlords who have properties and can help.
- The Reconnections Service – if you have come to Leeds from abroad, and wish to return to your home country but cannot afford it, we may be able to help you with this.
Contact the Reconnections Team on 0113 2459445 to discuss this further.
- Sanctuary Scheme – if you are experiencing domestic violence or hate crime in or around your home, there are various measures we can put in place to help you remain safely in your home.
- Mortgage Team – if you are having difficulty paying your mortgage, the Mortgage Team will be able to advise on what your options are, where possible helping you stay in your home.
If you want to discuss any of the above or any ideas you have about resolving your housing problems please get in touch as soon as possible.
Leeds Housing Options
1st Floor, 2 Great George Street,
08.30 to 16.00 Monday to Thursday, and 09.30 to 16.00 on Friday