Housing Associations and Co-operative Housing Groups
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Housing Associations and Co-operative Housing Groups

Housing Associations provide rented housing which is similar to local councils – often to people on a low income or who need special types of housing. 

Some of them provide homes for particular groups of people; for example sheltered housing. They do not make a profit and many of them are charitable organisations. They are often called Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) or Registered Providers (RPs).

Applying for a home with a housing association
You can apply for a home with a housing association by contacting them directly. You can also apply to some of them by registering with Leeds Homes. CBL is the choice based lettings scheme with Leeds Homes.

If you want to find out more about housing associations in England, visit the National Housing Federation website.

Contact details
How to apply
Accent Housing
Accent Housing own 21,500 homes which include over 34,000 residents call home nationally. They have 5 Regional offices throughout England with their Yorkshire office based in Bradford.

         Jeremy Downs House
Senior Way, Bradford, BD5 0QB
Tel: 0345 678 0555
Affinity Sutton
Affinity Sutton are a large national social housing provider. They provide affordable housing for people on low-incomes who are in housing need and operate an in house 'Choice Based Lettings' system.
Holme House, Manor Lane, Holmes Chapel,
Cheshire, CW4 8AF
Tel: 0300 100 0303
The Anchor Group is England’s largest not-for-profit housing association, providing housing, care and support to people over 55 years old.
Anchor Hub, 2 Godwin Street, Bradford BD1 2ST
Tel: 0808 149 7017
Broadacres have a number of properties available for rent in Boston Spa.   If you would like to apply for housing in the Leeds area you will need to register an application through the Leeds Homes Choice Based Letting Scheme which covers housing throughout Leeds.
Broadacres House, Mount View, Standard Way
Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 2Y
Tel: 01609 767900 www.broadacres.org.uk
Canopy provides decent affordable accommodation for people that are homeless or in housing need.Canopy is a small housing project with a limited number of properties and therefore usually has a new house available once every couple of months.
114 Lady Pit Lane, Leeds, LS11 6EE
Tel: 0113 294 6868                              www.canopyhousing.org
Connect Housing offer 1,800 homes for all types of households, plus 700 properties for older people, 400 supporte housing property and 200 affordable ownership homes. They have homes across Leeds, Kirklees and the Calderdale & Wakefield.
205 Roundhay Road, Leeds, LS8 4HS
Tel: 0300 5000 600
Habinteg Housing Assoc. Ltd
CBL Only
Habinteg Housing Association are a national housing provider with a strong focus on housing and services for disabled people,  offering places to live that meet their needs and provide the highest levels of independence, choice and control over their daily lives.
Chapman House, Unit 1, Adwalton Business Park,
132 Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1DR
Tel: 0113 285 9340
Hanover is a national leader in providing a range of attractive and affordable homes and related services designed exclusively for people aged 55 and over, helping to meet individual needs and local demands

Dove Court, Bolton Street, Bradford, BD3 0BJ Tel: 0800 280 2575 & 01274 302070       www.hanover.org.uk
Home Group
Home Group, a social enterprise and a charity with a turnover of over £325m, is one of the UK’s largest providers of high quality housing and supported housing services and products.
Knight House, 2 Sandbeck Court, Wetherby, LS22 7BA
Tel: 01937 588 497
Housing and Care 21
Housing & Care 21 is a leading national provider of retirement housing and care services for older people, mainly those aged 65 and above.
Tricorn House, 51-53 Hagley Road, Birmingham, B16 8TP
Tel: 0370 192 4000
Leeds & Yorkshire HA
Leeds & Yorkshire have 1,300 properties located across Leeds, Whitby, Scarborough, Barnsley, Mirfield, Barnoldswick, Earby and Settle; ranging from studio apartments to four bedroom houses suitable for single people, couples and families, dependant on the size of the property.
2 Shire Oak Road, Leeds, LS6 2NT
Tel: 0113 278 3335
Leeds Federated HA
Leeds Federated is a housing association with around 4,000 properties across Leeds, Wakefield and North Yorkshire.
Arthington House, 30 Westfield Road, Leeds, LS3 1DE
Tel: 0113 386 1000
CBL Only
Leeds Jewish HA
Leeds Jewish Housing Association is a Jewish led, minority ethnic housing association, providing homes primarily for the Jewish Community.
311 Stonegate Road, Leeds LS17 6SZ
Tel: 0113 203 4910
Methodist Homes
MHA is a national organisation providing housing, care and services for the elderly.
Epworth House, Stuart Street, Derby, DE1 2EQ
Tel: 01332 296200
Places for People
Places for People are one of the largest property and leisure management, development and regeneration companies in the UK. They provide private and social rented properties within the Leeds area.
Stanley House, The Boulevard, Leeds Dock,
Leeds, LS10 1PZ
Tel: 0845 850 9571
Railway Housing Association owns 1,500 rented homes in 24 local authority areas, mainly concentrated in the areas of Darlington, Doncaster, Durham, East Riding, Hull, Leeds, Newcastle and York. In addition, we manage 73 leasehold properties for older people.
Bank Top House, Garbutt Square
Neasham Road, Darlington, DL1 4DR
Tel: 0800 0287428
Riverside (English Churches)
The Riverside Group is a housing association and registered providers of social housing nationwide. As a social landlord they provide support to people of all ages and circumstances.
3 Linden House, Sardinia Street, Leeds, LS10 1BH
Tel: 0345 111 0000
Salvation Army Housing Association
Saha (Salvation Army Housing Association) is a leading provider of residential centres, foyers, and move-on housing for single & homeless people in the UK.
2nd Floor,  53-55 Victoria Square,  Bolton, BL1 1RZ.                                                                                  Tel: 0800 970 6363                            www.saha.org.uk
CBL & Apply Direct
Sanctuary Housing manages more than 12,000 properties in parts of Cheshire, Kingston-upon-Hull, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and Yorkshire.
6 Killingbeck Court, Leeds, LS14 6UF
Tel: 0800 131 3348 or 0300 123 3511
Stonewater is one of the UK’s most significant social housing providers, with 30,000 homes under management and £1.6 billion in assets. We also have a significant development programme to help address the rising demand for housing
Jephson House, Lowfields Business Park,
Old Power Way, Halifax, HX5 9DE
Tel:  01202 319 119.
The Guinness Partnership Ltd
The Guinness Partnership have 60,000 homes across England. They provide general and sheltered social rented properties within the Leeds area.
6 Victoria Court, Bank Square, Morley, LS27 9SE
Tel: 0303 123 1890
Together Housing Group
The Together Housing Group is a leading provider of quality affordable and modern homes for rent or sale across the North of England.

Royd House, Low Mills, Guiseley, LS20 9LU
Tel: 0300 555 5561
Unity Housing Association is an organisation committed to building strong sustainable neighbourhoods through the provision of high quality housing and social and employment opportunities.
113/115 Chapeltown Road, Leeds, LS7 3HY
0113 200 7700
CBL Only
Wakefield District Housing
WDH is a housing association that offers social housing in the Wakefield area and area's with in South Leeds.
Merefield House, Whistler Drive, Castleford,
WF10 5HX.                                                           Tel:0345 850 7507                                                           www.wdh.co.uk
CBL Only
York Housing Association
York HA Provides houses for single people, couples, students, and a variety of services for people in greater housing need.
2 Alpha Court, Monks Cross Drive, Huntington,
York, YO32 9WN
Tel: 01904 636061
Yorkshire Housing
Yorkshire Housing is a registered social landlord and housing association providing affordable homes throughout the Yorkshire region. They operate in Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Doncaster, East Riding, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Rotherham, Ryedale, Selby, Sheffield, Wakefield and York.
Yorkshire Housing Dysons Chambers,
12-14 Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6ER
Tel: 0345 366 4404
CBL Only
Your Housing Group
Your Housing have more than 33,000 homes across the North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands. These range from general properties for social and affordable rent, through to retirement living developments and innovative private rental offers
Yorkshire Housing Dysons Chambers,
12-14 Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6ER
Tel: 0345 366 4404

Did you find the information you were looking for?