The Highway Maintenance Policy sets out the level of service which is one way in which the council can determine whether or not it is meeting customer expectations and its statutory obligations in the delivery of its highways asset management service.
They enable the council to:
- ensure that operational activities actively support the achievement of the council’s strategic goals
- determine if adequate focus is given to what is important to the customer
- evaluate priorities and value for money
- document and measure the service provided
Levels of service are categorized by:
- customer expectations – are we meeting customer expectations in terms of
safety, availability and accessibility?
- condition assessment – are we maintaining the highway assets to an appropriate
These levels of service are outlined in the Documents section on this page.