Before reporting a repair, remember some minor repairs are your responsibility. Please read the Repairs and Maintenance handbook (PDF 900KB) for full details.
We have produced a series of films which will help you with some minor repairs you can do yourself - go to our DIY repair videos page to view them.
You can request routine repairs to your council home by using our online service and telling us when you are available for the repair works. You cannot request urgent/emergency repairs using the online system. See the related pages section for information on reporting emergency repairs.
You can also request a repair by:
- telephoning us on 0800 188 4000 free from landlines or mobiles (please note that after 5pm we only take calls for urgent and emergency repairs), or
- visiting your local housing office or One Stop Centre. Please see the Contact us section of this page to find the one nearest to you.
See the Contact us section of this page for more information.
When you request a repair we will ask you:
- your name, address, and phone number
- to provide your rent account number
- what and where the repair is
- when you are available to allow access
We will advise you:
- if it is your responsibility to carry out the repair
- if you will need to pay for the repair
- about your repair order number – this will make it easier for you if you need to speak to us in the future
- a date when the repair will carried out or the appointment date if one is available
- If a choice of morning or afternoon appointment is available
IMPORTANT - If you are out when our contractor calls, your job will be cancelled and you will need to report the repair again and arrange a new appointment. To find out the timescales for completing a job please read the repairs handbook.
PLEASE NOTE - You cannot book appointments for Sundays.