Did you know – if you’re on benefits, your child may be entitled to free school meals!
Every day children and young people across Leeds are missing out on their free school meal. Child Friendly Leeds encourages families to check if they are eligible – it could save £10 a week for each child.
Families who are entitled to free school meals are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- The ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Please note: people receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of their income level, do not qualify.
We’re working hard to make sure our school lunches are tasty, and healthy, as well as making lunchtime comfortable and fun for everyone.
To find out if you are eligible ask at the school office or call Leeds Revenues and Benefits Service on 0113 222 4404.
Year 10 pupils in Leeds have recorded a series of videos, which are available to view by clicking on the You Tube link to the top right of this page..
See related pages below for more information about school meals.
If you can help us to encourage families to check if they are eligible; there are posters and a flyer are available in the downloads section.