Family placement offers care to disabled children in their own homes or in the homes of approved carers. The service offers flexible care that is tailored to meet the needs of the child and their family.
We offer services to children and young people with physical disability, learning disability or sensory impairment.
This is provided through short breaks ranging from a few hours, day care, regular weekends or longer periods. The family placement service also offers emergency care.
All our services are provided by approved family placement carers and include:
- Sitting and care in the child’s home
- Overnight short breaks and day care provided in the homes of our family placement carers
- Fostering where a disabled child is not able to live with their own family
There is no charge for family placement services but you must live in the Leeds catchment area.
If you are a parent or carer for a disabled child and would like to find out more about our services you can contact us:
- Short Breaks Service 0113 247 8934
- Sitting Service 0113 247 8584
- Leeds Contact Centre 0113 222 4403
If you are interested in becoming a family placement carer and would like more information please visit the Adopt for Leeds / Foster for Leeds website using the link provided on this page.