Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Musgrave Court

Please note that Musgrave Court Care Home, Pudsey has now closed

Care homes and housing options

There are many care options if you or a relative are finding it difficult to manage at home. You will find each care option and the application process explained on this page.  

How to apply for care homes

The first step is to contact Adult Social Care on 0113 222 4401 (or textphone 0113 222 4410)

  • Someone will call you to arrange an assessment if it looks as though Adult Social Care can help you (if not, we will put you in touch with an organisation who can help).
  • At the assessment, a care manager will talk with you about what help you may need in your day-to-day life.
  • Depending on your financial situation, you may have to pay for some services.

Residential care homes

This is long-term care for people who are unable to manage in their own homes. In a residential care home help is available with personal care, washing, dressing and medication prompts. You will find a full list of care homes in Leeds in The Care Services Directory in the Documents section and more information about residential care in the Related Pages section.

Nursing care homes

This is medical care for people who do not need to be in hospital, but need support because of a disability, illness or serious condition or have restricted mobility. You will find a full list of all care homes offering nursing care across Leeds in The Care Services Directory in the Documents section. There is also a page about nursing care in the Related Pages section.

Sheltered housing

Sheltered (or retirement) housing is suitable for people who like to live independently but like to know they are not alone in case of an emergency. Sheltered housing can either be made up of bungalows, self-contained flats or bedrooms, there is a full list of sheltered housing in The Care Services Directory in the Documents section. You can also see what sheltered housing is available by visiting the Leeds Homes website.  You can call Leeds Homes on 0113 222 4413 or see your local Housing Office or One Stop Centre if you would like to speak to someone in person.

How to apply for sheltered housing

We provide sheltered housing along with housing associations, charities and independent organisations. To apply through the application system for all of the council housing you need to complete a Leeds Homes housing register form which can be downloaded from the Documents section.

Continuing health care

Continuing health care is complex care outside a hospital arranged and funded by the NHS. It is only available to people who meet the eligibility criteria (explained further in the continuing health care related page)  and have on-going healthcare needs. It is available free of charge.

Extra care housing

Extra care housing is an option for older people if they want to live in an accessible home of their own with services on hand and available at all times. This housing option offers independence and a better quality of life and reassurance to family members. More information is available on the extra care housing related page.

The booklet called The Care Services Directory lists all the approved types of care options in Leeds and can be downloaded from this page. If you prefer a hard copy you can pick one up from any one stop centre as well as some libraries and GP surgeries. Contact us on 0113 222 4401 and we will be happy to help you.  An online version can be found on the Care Choices website link.

You can also link to more information on getting support at home, and what equipment might help you, from the related pages.​​​​