What is it?
The European passport return service is provided for EEA and Swiss nationals applying online using the EEA(QP) or EEA(PR) application forms as part of the process of applying for permanent residence with the benefit of not having to surrender your passport.
The service will be available from 7 November 2016 and is provided by Leeds Register Office in partnership with the Home Office.
Leeds Register Office can photocopy your EEA or Swiss passport and forward a copy, along with your checklist and application, to the Home Office on your behalf. Your passport will then be available for you to use while your application is being processed.
The Home Office may contact you for further information after your application has been submitted.
Using the European passport return service does not guarantee the success of the application and we cannot offer any advice. Please also note that this service will not ensure that your form has been correctly completed nor that the correct supporting documents have been submitted.
To use this service you must:
- Hold a current EEA / Swiss passport
- Have completed an online application to the Home Office for a Permanent Residence Card / Registration Card
- Be applying as an individual not a family or couple
- Be able to attend at the Register Office within five working days of making your online application
You must bring:
- Your online application confirmation clearly showing your Payment Notification Number
- A hard copy of your completed application form and any supporting documents. Please note that this is only for forwarding to the Home Office, and will NOT be checked or photocopied by us. Your should ensure that you have your own copy before attending our office
- Your current EEA / Swiss passport
What does it cost?
A fee of £15.00 is payable, which includes guaranteed delivery of your documents within 2 working days.
By appointment between 9.30am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
To book an appointment please email us or visit the Register Office in person. We aim to provide an appointment as quickly as possible but cannot guarantee that this will take place on the same day.
Leeds Register Office
Leeds City Centre One Stop
2 Great George Street
Telephone: 0113 2224408