We can supply you with equipment to aid you with day to day things like getting in and out of bed safely, using the bath, shower or toilet, managing the stairs or front steps, medical reminders.
Everyday equipment includes:
Safety equipment and alarms
- Bigger control knobs for the cooker or gas fire
- Trolleys for carrying things between rooms
- Kettle ‘tippers’ – to help pour the kettle safely
- Specially adapted beds and chairs
- Mobile or ceiling-mounted hoists
- Raised toilet seats and commodes
- Shower stools and bath seats
- Bed sensors and falls sensors
- Personal/pendant alarms
- Medication reminders and pill dispensers
The Telecare service can monitor you, a family member or someone you care for 24 hours a day alerting a response centre if a sensor detects any problems. The service can be installed in sheltered or extra care housing. Sensors are placed around the home on ceilings, doors and walls or may be worn by the service user in the form of a pendant, watch or belt.
Telecare equipment includes:
- sensors which can detect falls, movement, and bed or chair occupancy
- epilepsy and enuresis sensors
- medication reminders and pill dispensers
- smoke, gas and flood detectors
- emergency pull cords
- bogus caller alert
For further information about safety equipment and alarms please call Adult Social Care on 0113 222 4401 or the Telecare Service direct on 0113 378 3290.
Adaptations to help you live at home
If you, a member of your family or someone you care for are having difficulty getting around your home due to a physical disability, sensory impairment or old age, we can help with physical changes to your home to make it more suitable for your needs and to help you live at home independently.
Adaptations to your home include:
- Wider doorways
- Wet floor/walk in showers
- Major alterations
For an idea of the range of available equipment, the Equipment booklet can be found in the Documents section on this page. If you would like to be assessed for adaptations to your home, please call Adult Social Care on 0113 222 4401.