Adults and Health compliments, comments and complaints
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Adults and Health compliments, comments and complaints

We want to know what you think about Adults and Health services.

If you think we're doing something well or if you feel there's room for improvement we want to hear from you. This feedback will be used to help improve our services. 

If you would like to express your dissatisfaction about the standard of service provided by us, or on our behalf, to you or to someone you know you can make a complaint.

Your complaint may relate to:

  • the quality or suitability of the service provided
  • an unwelcome or disputed decision
  • delays in decision-making or the provision of a service
  • failure to deliver a service
  • attitude or behaviour of staff

Our contact details can be found below.

To report suspected abuse or neglect of an adult please see our safeguarding adults page.

How to contact us

  • phone the council's customer relations team on 0113 222 4405
  • use SignVideo live BSL interpretation
  • write to us either by letter or by filling in the form in the Tell us what you think leaflet (PDF 3.4MB) and handing it in to any Leeds City Council office, or send it to:

The Complaints Manager
Leeds City Council
Adults and Health
PO Box 848

  • visit one of our local council offices in person (such as a One Stop Centre)

We can also provide information in:

  • Braille, large print and on audio tape
  • leaflets in community languages are available on request.

Getting help to make a social care complaint
Do you feel worried or confused about making a complaint? There are people who can help.

  • you can ask a relative, friend or carer to help you make a complaint, or make a complaint on your behalf
  • visit our 'Advocacy for care and support' page which can be found in the Related Pages section on this page 

Remember, it’s your right to make a complaint and no one will think you are making a fuss.​​​​

We will:

Click to expandListen

When you make a complaint we will listen carefully to what you say has happened, how you have been affected and what you would like us to do to put things right. We will talk to you over the phone or meet with you to discuss your complaint.

In all cases we will:

 - ​support you through the complaints process
  - always treat you as an individual acknowledging your right to make a complaint and ensuring that you feel able to complain without any fear of retribution
 - keep your information confidential
  - refer you to Advocacy Services if you feel you need more independent support.

Click to expandRespond

We aim to fully address the issues that you have raised and in all cases we will:

 - agree with you the format of the reply (e.g. in writing, in person etc)
 - agree with you how the complaint will be dealt with and who will be replying to you
 - acknowledge complaints within 3 working days and agree with you the timescale for a reply. We will keep you informed of any delays
 - tell you the steps you can take if you are not satisfied and provide you with any related relevant information that might help you.​

Click to expandImprove

We use complaints, compliments and suggestions to look at our services and how we can improve them. In all cases we will:

 - acknowledge our mistakes
 - let you know what we are doing to put things right or to improve your individual service
 - let you know about anything that we have learnt or any wider service improvements we are making as a result of your contact
 - inform you about any improvements we are making in the way we handle complaints and other forms of feedback​.

If you feel that we have not dealt fully with your complaint or you are unhappy with the way it was handled, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman.​

 Care Opinion is an independent feedback service where you can share your stories of adult social care. You can comment on your experience, good or bad but don’t forget it is always best to start by talking with those who provide the care.​ 

Click to expandComplaints about services provided by other agencies on our behalf

If you receive a service which is provided on the council’s behalf by a voluntary or independent provider you should make your complaint in the first instance to their local manager. If you feel unable to do this you can contact their complaints manager, who will make a complaint on your behalf.

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the independent provider you can request that your complaint be looked at under our procedure. Please contact us using the details above. ​​​​

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Did you find the information you were looking for?