Reporting benefit fraud
There are several ways you can tell us about suspected benefit fraud:
- Online: report to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
- Telephone: 0800 854 440
Textphone: 0800 328 0512
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
- Write: NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston, PR1 1GP
Please note we are not able to provide updates on individual cases due to the Data Protection Act (1998) and the Human Rights Act (1998).
There has to be a good reason for investigating someone for benefit fraud - so you’ll need to give as much of the following information as possible:
- the name and address of the person you’re reporting and their partner, if they have one
- a description of the person
- the type of benefit theft you think they are committing and why you suspect them
- information about their employer, if you think they’re working
- information about their vehicle, if they have one
The information you provide is strictly confidential. You don’t have to give your name unless you want to.
For further information regarding benefit fraud, visit the DWP Benefit Fraud website. You can find this in External links on this page.