Emergency out of hours contact numbers
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Emergency out of hours contact numbers

For the police, fire service or medical emergencies, call 999.

For non-emergencies, you can call the police on 101 and get medical advice by calling 111.​

Normal office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays, unless otherwise stated.

Customers with hearing or speech impairments can email lccoutofhours@leeds.gov.uk to access the Housing & Public Safety teams - The out of hours team will aim to respond to your email within one hour, or alternatively they can be contacted via text phone. 

See the drop-down headings below for specific numbers:​​​

Click to expandStreet lighting

You can report a faulty or damaged street light using our Online Form or you can call on 0800 0325349.

Click to expandTraffic Lights

For a fault or damage to a traffic light please ring Crayfords on 0845 6031432

Click to expandHighways and signage

Emergency repairs can be reported for dangerous highways, street signs or signage repairs outside normal office hours on 0113 376 0499.

Click to expandFlooding

In an emergency, and out of hours, contact: 0113 3760499.

Click to expandDangerous building or structure


If you feel a building is dangerous as a result of poor maintenance, fire or storm damage, vehicle impact or explosion, outside of normal office hours, please call 0113 376 0499.​

Click to expandHomelessness


If you have nowhere to go and it is outside of office hours, we have an emergency number you can ring on 07891 273 939.

Click to expandNoise problems


PLEASE NOTE: During the Christmas Period, please refer to our Changes and closures to services page for information about Noise Nuisance and how to report it.

If you are disturbed by noise nuisance at night, weekends or bank holidays and if you are not able to resolve the problem informally by talking to the people responsible you can report the noise to us on 0113 3950143. The service operates from 6pm to 3:30am.

For information on how to report repeated instances of noise please visit: Report anti-social behaviour​.

Click to expandSocial Care

Adult Social Care 

If you are concerned about someone’s safety because of suspected abuse or neglect, and think it needs reporting you can call the Adult Emergency Duty Team outside office hours on 07712106378

If you feel that an adult is immediately at risk please contact the emergency services on 999. 

Children’s Social Work Service

When concerned about the safety of a child or young person (under the age of 18) and feel that they are at immediate risk of harm  Members of the public should contact the emergency services on 999 and ask for the Police

Professionals and practitioners involved with a child, young person or their family in a professional capacity should phone Children’s Emergency Duty Team on 0113 3760469 ​​​

Click to expandHousing

Emergency housing repairs (Council house tenants)
Emergency repairs to council housing can be reported by telephoning the appropriate repair number shown below for your area. Please note this service is for emergencies only. You will be charged for the service if your situation is not a real emergency, or if the problem has been caused by neglect or vandalism.
Examples of emergencies are: 
 -Dangerous electrical faults 
 -Major plu​mbing fault 
 -Securing property after burglary 
 -Gas central heating faults (November to April only) 
 -​Blocked drains (where there is a risk to health and safety) 

Belle Isle Tenant Management Organisation: 0113 376 0499
Housing Leeds: 0800 1884000 or 0113 3760410

Click to expandGas, Water and Electrical emergencies

Gas – contact the National Grid on 0800 111 999 if you smell gas.

Water - contact Yorkshire water on 0845 124 24 24 for a total loss of supply to you and neighbours.

They also are responsible for water main bursts, overflowing/blocked drains and shared drains whether council or private.

Electricity - Contact Northern Power Grid on 0800 375 675 if you have been affected by a power cut.

Medical emergencies

111 for non-emergencies or 999 for emergencies​.


Did you find the information you were looking for?