Leeds City Council has to process information in order to deliver and improve services to our citizens. The Data Protection Act 1998 says that any personal data we collect and hold about you has to be:
- processed fairly and lawfully;
- used only for the purposes we tell you about when you give it to us, and not for any incompatible purpose;
- accurate, relevant, and not excessive;
- kept secure and not kept any longer than necessary;
- not shared with anyone else unless you have given your consent or we are allowed to do so by law.
Contact us with any comments or queries by clicking on the Email link under Contact us.
Section 29 and Section 35 requests
Requests for information necessary to investigate a crime or prosecute an offender (section 29) and requests for information that relates to personal information where it is necessary for legal proceedings (section 35) can be made by submitting a S29 or S35 form.
Please see the expandable Documents section on this page for the request forms and guidance notes.