Site: Leeds Art Gallery
This workshop is led by museums staff.
Recognising that digital photography and video are popular media in school and contemporary art, this workshop develops knowledge and understanding of a medium that draws on and records everyday life. Pupils investigate photo and/or video artworks to consider pre-visualisation, selection of imagery, sequencing and editing, alongside meaning and representation of what we experience today. In the Studio, they select, work into or sequence photo-images to emphasise an issue of importance to young people.
Outcomes are displayed for thoughtful peer assessment and to explore ways of developing ideas further.
- develops understanding of processes in photography and video
- introduces collage, montage and mixing media as a way of developing lens
- explores art that uses images of the familiar and everyday
- makes art based on issues
- considers the role of the Media in how we make sense of ourselves and our
For more information or to make a booking, contact the Learning & Access Officer.
Art and Design: 1. Exploring ideas; 2. Investigating and making, 3. Evaluating and developing; 4. Knowledge and understanding; 5. using a range of materials.
PLTS: IE, CT, RL, TW, SM, EP
Cost: £55 per class
Maximum numbers: Class of 30