One of the great country houses of England set within grand and beautiful parkland with one of the largest working rare breeds farms in Europe, Temple Newsam has so much to offer visitors.
Famous as the birth place of Lord Darnley, notorious husband of Mary Queen of Scots, Temple Newsam House is a truly impressive Tudor-Jacobean mansion. Described as one of the best in Britain and beautifully restored to its former glory, it is now home to one of the most important collections of decorative arts in Britain.
- Explore the Mansion, one of the greatest country houses in England and view the stunning collections
- See a variety of rare breed animals in the Rare Breed Farm
- Wander around the beautiful gardens
- Explore the expansive park land, landscaped by Capability Brown
- Enjoy some leisure time and book our football pitches, enjoy a round of golf, walk in the woods and discover the folly or explore the bridlepaths
- Visit the shop and take afternoon tea in the cafe
And while you are here, enjoy one of our many events, lectures, workshops and family activities we offer - a visit to the estate is an enjoyable day out for all the family!