Yeadon Tarnfield Park is 9 miles North-West of Leeds city centre and is approximately 17 hectares in area. As well as the tarn, the park is also an excellent location to get great views of the planes taking off and landing at Leeds and Bradford Airport.
Cemetery Road, Yeadon, LS19 7UR
Attractions and facilities
- BMX track
- Scenic walks
- Summer entertainment events
- Water sports activities
Leeds Sailing and Activity Centre
For the more active visitor to the park, the tarn is used for various water sports activities and is the base for the Leeds Sailing and Activity Centre. For more information regarding the club and its activities you can contact them on telephone number 0113 378 1271.
If you would like to enjoy a day fishing in the tarn, you can get tickets from the Aireborough and District Angling Association, please contact them on telephone number 01943 878 908.
Parks and Countryside main reception – 0113 395 7400 or fax 0113 395 7401
ParksWatch (24 hour helpline) – 0113 232 9973
Dog Wardens – 0113 222 4407
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the Parks and Countryside's main reception telephone number is staffed from 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm on a Friday. Outside of these hours you can leave a message on the answerphone.
- Car Parks: There are three car parks located at the following sites: adjacent to the Tarn activity centre off Town Street; to the south west of the park off Cemetery Road and at the North West of the park off Cemetery Road.
- Disabled parking: Disabled parking available in the Tarn activity centre car park off Town Street.
- Paths: All paths are wheelchair accessible.
- Entrances: All entrances are wheelchair accessible.
- Accessible toilets: Disabled toilets are available in the Tarn activity centre.
- Disabled Play Equipment: There is currently no disabled play equipment in this park